BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, July 13, 2008

Lilliana's Regional Gymnastics Meet


Lilli had regionals for gymnastics this Saturday. Broomfield was the host team. It was held at Legacy High School. She did so well. Danny,Vycci and family was there, grandma Rolayne, Mamo(Marcus's mom), Terry(family friend), John and his parents, Ginette and her kids and of course dad, sister and brother were all there to root her on. Well and me MOM and coach. I think I was more nervous than she was. This day took me back to my younger years. She was on bars first. She did the whole routine including the front hip circle that she has never made this year. But she also did an extra back hip circle at the end which she was deducted a whole point for putting in a extra trick. Oh well.
Beam was second. everything went well. She didn't stick her cartwheel which she should have because all she had to do was bend her knees just a little.(she sticks at least 10 in practice every week).
Vault was ok. She said "mom that vault was not good, I bent my knees and hit the mat hard." It wasn't her best. Today she had it on floor. The biggest thief jump I'd ever seen. She did her back bend all together, we have been working on that for two weeks solid. She got it in practice on Tuesday. Lilli scored an 8.3.
As the ribbons came out Lilli learned that she did not place at this meet. Only the top 6 girls go to state. It bothered me that she was upset. I remember that feeing of not placing. I tried hard to talk to her about how it's not about how you place but about how well you did for yourself. Bars and Floor being the best she'd done this year. Thats what important. I'm not sure that's what she wanted to hear, considering that my parents gave me that same speech at some point in my life time. I guess Lilli will look back and laugh when she's giving it to her daughter someday. Lilli went and found Aunti Vycci, who is always next in line to mom and dad, and was able to hold her and talk to her and tell her "it was ok to be mad,your mom and I don't like not to take first either." Growing up in my family we were taught don't cry get up and work harder and beat all of them next year. I remember my mom telling me the story of when I went to regionals or state and all the other girls had metals around their necks and I said I want one of those and my mom did the speech of how not to get your hopes up and it's really hard to place and I told her that NO I was going to have one and that was it. The next year I won State in the all around in my age group. I'm very proud of Lilli. She is a hard work and loves gymnastics. I can't wait to see how she will progress through the next year.


2 comments:

Danny,Vycci and Kids said...

We all love you Lilli and think you did great! We are so glad that we could be there to see you and all your hard work. You'll get them next year!!!

Mindi said...

Wow. Lilli you are amazing! Best of luck next year.