BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, June 14, 2009

The Damage

My flower bed in the front yard
My garden. Well what's left of it

This is what my tomato plants now look like



After being gone at the Sandoval's for about 4 hours, I was surprised to be driving home and noticing all of the hail that was still laying around. Turning onto my street, there was hail, branches, and leaves everywhere. Our front yard still have about two inches of hail in places and my flowers were completely covered in hail. I knew if it looked this bad in the front, my backyard had to be worse. I was right. When I saw my garden I wanted to cry. My tomato plants were broken and shredded. My garden is a mess. Will it come back? Not sure, only time will tell. My flowers aren't flowers anymore. I started to pick things up and then decided I would deal with all of it later. Just wasn't ready for all of that yet. But at least we are all safe and sound, that is what matters the most.

1 comments:

Mindi said...

Oh, I'm so sorry! We've been home for the last three hail storms and 2 out of 3 times I've had to rush out there and cover our garden while being pelted by the hail. I hope your plants pull through. If not, we'll send some tomatoes your way (if ours survive).